- What is the plural of fish?
- Can you say 2 Fishes?
- Is Baby’s correct grammar?
- What is the plural form of watch?
- What are 12 twins called?
- What is the plural of wife?
- How do you say more than one baby?
- What is the plural of Boy?
- How do you spell girls?
- What is the plural form of girl?
- What’s the plural of person?
- Can you say sheeps?
- What do quadruplets call each other?
- How do you write to a girl?
What is the plural of fish?
The plural of fish is usually fish.
When referring to more than one species of fish, especially in a scientific context, you can use fishes as the plural..
Can you say 2 Fishes?
Both the Oxford and the Merriam-Webster dictionaries say that the plural of fish can be either fish or fishes. In fact, the two plural words are often used to refer to different things. … So you use fish when referring to more than one fish of the same type and fishes when referring to multiple fish of different types.
Is Baby’s correct grammar?
1) If the noun is singular, then we add an apostrophe before the s. … 4) In the example of baby’s and babies’, the apostrophe is added before the s to indicate a singular possession (e.g. the baby’s changing room). It is added after the s when referring to the plural, babies (e.g. the babies’ changing room).
What is the plural form of watch?
Plural form of watch.
What are 12 twins called?
If the 12 – called duodecaplets – are all born alive they would represent a medical miracle and break the record of American mother Nadya Suleman, who recently gave birth to the world’s longest-surviving octuplets.
What is the plural of wife?
Since the noun ‘wife’ ends with -fe, according to the rule, -fe would be replaced by -ve before adding an -s towards the end. Therefore, Option a, wives is the correct plural form of the noun ‘wife’.
How do you say more than one baby?
How to make ‘baby’ plural. Baby’s – you’re only having one baby. Babies – you’re carrying multiples.
What is the plural of Boy?
Well, the plural of “boy” is “boys”, and to make the possessive of a plural, we just put an apostrophe after the final “s”. So we would say, “the boys’ bicycles“.
How do you spell girls?
Correct spelling for the English word “girls” is [ɡˈɜːlz], [ɡˈɜːlz], [ɡ_ˈɜː_l_z] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
What is the plural form of girl?
In “girl friends,” “girl” does have a plural, “girls.” However, the singular form is used regardless of whether the noun being modified is singular or plural.
What’s the plural of person?
As a general rule, you’re absolutely right – person is used to refer to an individual, and the plural form is people.
Can you say sheeps?
No, “sheeps” is not a gramatical English word. The plural of sheep is also sheep. English has a number of nouns whose plural is the same as the singular. … But in that case, Elk is a proper noun.
What do quadruplets call each other?
A Simple Chart of Multiple Birth TermsNumber of BabiesTerm Used2Twins3Triplets4Quadruplets (quads)5Quintuplets (quints)5 more rows
How do you write to a girl?
Which title is correct? Girl’s — the apostrophe before the “s” — occurs in Leonard Maltin’s Movie Guide. Posters for the movie have a third variation, Girls’, the apostrophe after the “s”.